Skip to main content

A Burning Smell Requires Immediate Action

By February 21, 2019No Comments

If you smell something burning in your home, you need to act right away. The biggest warning sign that there is something wrong with your electrical work is that unmistakable burning smell. When wiring heats up, it melts the plastic sheath. As soon as this happens, you are at immediate risk. Fires can happen quickly and be devastating to your home.

When you smell something burning, try to pinpoint where it is coming from. Look (don’t touch) at all electrical outlets, fixtures and breaker boxes for the wiring issue. Once you know where it’s coming from, call a professional electrician to get help as quickly as possible. The longer you wait on these problems, the worse they will get.