Mold is an incredibly common, naturally occurring substance. Even the cleanest homes have at least some trace amounts of mold spores on surfaces or in the air. Some types of mold are completely harmless or even healthy. But what about the mold on the surfaces of your home? Even though the CDC and EPA recognize that most household molds are not considered dangerous, they can cause negative health symptoms, such as itchy red eyes, coughing, sneezing and headaches. Prolonged exposure can lead to respiratory conditions like asthma, especially in sensitive individuals like children and the elderly. It is important to have mold testing conducted if you suspect a problem in your house. Professional mold inspection and remediation can help keep the air cleaner and safer in your home.