Skip to main content

Why You Need a Carbon Monoxide Detector

By October 24, 2019No Comments

What is CO2 anyway? Carbon monoxide (CO) is the product of incomplete combustion. It’s odorless, colorless and something that you want to avoid at all costs. In a home, the risks come from poorly maintained or positioned:

  • Gas furnaces, water heaters and stoves
  • Oil furnaces and water heaters
  • Wood and coal furnaces, stoves and fireplaces
  • Electric generators
  • Gas grills
  • Gas and diesel vehicles, especially in attached garages

Even in an all-electric home, there is a risk of CO exposure. Smoldering fires not active enough to set off fire detectors can create CO. Additionally, fumes from the outdoors containing CO can enter your house.

Carbon Monoxide detectors are relatively inexpensive and provide great peace of mind. No home should be without them.