Skip to main content

Common Electrical Problems: Electrical Shocks and High Electrical Bills

By December 5, 2019No Comments

An electrical shock is never a pleasant experience. If you’re using one of your household appliances as normal and it bites you, it could be the result of faulty wiring or the appliance itself. While you could test which it is by plugging in another device and seeing if the results are reproducible, you should refrain from doing so, as you’re simply risking another shock. Instead, contact a professional who knows how to perform a test without risking anyone’s safety.

Another unpleasant experience? Receiving a high electric bill. Fortunately, there are a few tricks you can implement to repair the damage done to your wallet. Switch to a more cost-effective provider, unplug appliances and devices when not in use, fix damaged circuits and wires and identify and replace devices that cause power surges.